Wednesday 31 July 2013

Marie Antoinette patchwork bag

Started work on a new bag project yesterday. Managed to get some free fabric when buying some other bits at a charity shop and the colours and different kinds of sheen are just the most perfect combination, they had to become a patchwork bag! Both are short little offcuts, one from an old skirt lining and the other a stiff cotton-mix fabric. The colours together reminded me immediately of Sofia Coppola's 'Marie Antoinette'.



 (Images from here: http://savanella.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/monday-movie-marie-antoinette.html)




 There is something so satisfying about scanning in fabric! I'm not sure how big my bag is going to get but I do need a new large-ish shoulder bag... This is the second patchwork bag I've attempted, my other one is a smaller one made out of an old silk scarf I was given and it now stores some of my more delicate sewing projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment