Monday 16 September 2013

Autumn brew

 Beautiful tiny squashes coming out of the darkness to greet you.
So it seems that autumn is upon us. I like this. Lots of my favourite things are out now: blackberries, a multitude of squash and acorns especially. The acorns bring me onto the little things me and Rosie made when she was staying last week...
Rosie made the little wrench and I made the vaguely acorn-shaped thing.
They were really quick and fun to make, just using scraps of velvet and chiffon/crepe fabric I had lying around. These little creations really inspired me and I made this after my acorn...
I love making tassels, so fun! And the arrow symbol seems to be becoming a bit of a thing for me now...
I embroidered these arrows onto a vintage shirt I got for my friend Philippa's birthday and also made her some lavender and camomile tea from my new love of foraging.
I found a tiny old horseshoe when I went foraging this weekend and I think it's a really lovely symbol for good luck which I'm going to treasure.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh yes! best tea ever! i have you know! re-used the previous nights last night and was even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh very good to know! I've still gotta de-petal and store the rest of it, better do that today!

    ReplyDelete