Tuesday 3 September 2013

Jewellery scan

One of my most treasured pieces given to me by my mum when I was a young teenager. It's a 1920s Egyptian Revival costume piece, and golly gosh is the metal fringing fun to play with! I always loved this piece of jewellery and in fact never saw her wear it, but it was in an old faded green card jewellery box which was covered in green flowers and plants and had a goose/duck on the front of it?! This piece was given to my mum when she was a child along with many other beautiful treasures by a neighbour of my mum's huge family (she's 1 of 9 children!). My mum and maybe one other of her siblings used to go round and visit this neighbour, an old gentleman, and he would very kindly give them some of his beautiful things for coming to visit him.
This piece of jewellery is so special and loved by me, that it's something I need to use to remember when tempted to buy other pieces - I just don't need anything more than this beautiful object! All that happens is I buy things that get stored in increasing jewellery boxes and these things don't get worn hardly as much. But I'll always come back to this necklace and will continue to wear it and love it for the rest of my life so I need to keep it in mind when seeing other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment