Wednesday 18 September 2013

Pinterest, lace and paisley love

Hi guys, I have a Pinterest now which I'm really enjoying using so why don't you follow me on there? Follow me here

I went to my lace-making group that meets once a month last night. Haven't been there since May perhaps, but the group are so welcoming and lovely and are very happy to teach me as a complete beginner! My work looks so odd besides their delicate closely patterned work, but I'm very excited to keep learning and apparently in 5/6 weeks of learning I'll be at the stage to make a fine bookmark! Here's what I produced last night...

Yes yes mine is the top one, cloth stitch and half-stitch I think! And the bottom is a found piece which I brought along to show them what I eventually wanted to achieve! The background is a vintage paisley wool Liberties scarf, which brings me onto wearing paisley scarves recently, we all love them right?
The red one is a really old silk one which I absolutely adore. Soft and big and cheaply bought and it has a B initial cross-stitched into the corner which makes it really special for me, B didn't want to lose her scarf!

It has a couple of holes near the corners now, but I'm going to make sure it lasts forever! My Liberties scarf has mainly been worn like a shawl by me recently since its been so chilly, and I like feeling like a granny wearing it this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment